When the glow goes from your holiday lights, don’t chuck them in the trash can; look for a program that recycles them — or better yet, a program that pays you to recycle them. Then, you can use your cash to buy new LED holiday lights, which can use 90% less energy than incandescent holiday lights.
Here a few of the light-recycling programs we found:
- Minnesota’s Recycle Your Holidays program takes old holiday lights at 400 sites (and it’s happy to help you set up a collection point in your neighborhood). Vocational center workers with developmental disabilities disassemble the lights and the parts get recycled.
- When you recycle a string of old holiday lights at one of Crown-ACE Hardware’s 17 stores in California, you get a $5 gift certificate redeemable toward a minimum $20 purchase of new holiday lights.
- StLouisGreen.com wants to collect 50,000 pounds of holiday lights to recycle and plans to donate a portion of the proceeds to Operation Food Search to feed the hungry. Drop off at Wal-Marts in St. Louis and Illinois.
- Elgin Recycling partners with over three dozen Illinois cities including Wheaton, Evanston, and Lombard to collect holiday lights and extension cords. Elgin strips the materials and recycles the copper and plastic parts.
- Lowe’s home stores offer a convenient receptacle to drop off your old holiday lights for recycling, though it’s not offering any rebates or coupons.
- If you don’t have a local holiday light recycling program, you can ship your lights to HolidayLEDs.com, which will send you a coupon good for a 25% discount on the LED holiday light sets it sells.
What other programs are you aware of? Please share! How likely are you to recycle your holiday lights?
The Lowell, MA Real Estate Market has changed, and your agenda may have probably changed as well too. Consequently, I still believe that there is a real possibility that the sale of your Lowell,MA property could be achieved RIGHT NOW in a way that was over looked while it was listed.
A few reasons that may have played a role in why your home did not sell:
1. The proper positioning of your home to compete in today’s current market.
2. The lack of premium exposure for your property.
3. The lack of experience or commitment of the agent or their firm that it was previously
responsible for the sale.
4. incorrect pricing.
If you are still serious about the sale of your Lowell, MA home, I would highly encourage you to give me a call so I
can share with you the comprehensive strategies I use to sell homes successfully. As soon as we get
together and you see our Exclusive EIGHT Step Premium Marketing Plan to sell more homes in this market than the average agent you will know what we do is different than 99.9% of the agents.
For a FREE Report
The Tryon Group
Home Selling System
ERA Key Realty Services
Real Estate Market Activity in Lowell, MA
Week ending Nov 10 Week ending Nov 17
New Listings 27 16
Price Reductions: 13 12
Avg. Listing Price: $211,896 $211,784
Are you looking to buy a home, condominium, townhouse or investment property in the Belvidere, Highlands, Pawtucketville, South Lowell, MA Centerville and Downtown areas of Lowell , Massachusettes?
Let us help you find everything you need to know about buying or selling a home! As one of the preeminent, professional real estate teams in The Merrimack Valley for over 10 years, we are dedicated to providing the highest quality service available while breaking new ground.
Because the real estate industry is becoming more sophisticated and challenging every day, you need a professional that understands the industry and is positioned to stay ahead of the game.
We go the extra mile to help you achieve your goals. That’s why we constantly research the market and property values so your home is priced effectively from day one. We also make sure the public knows your home is for sale by using cutting edge advertising and marketing techniques to attract potential buyers.
The Chris Tryon Home Buying & Seliing System at ERA Key Realty Services is the most comprehensive online source for real estate listings, from luxury homes to Downtown condominiums & lofts, incredible Bank Owned foreclosure opportunities and investment properties. The Chris Tryon Home Buying & Selling System provides exclusive homes for sale on a local, global and international stage. Search for properties , or find out what your house is worth by visiting http://www.lowellhomesonline.com the Chris Tryon Real Estate Group can help.
ERA Key Realty Services
|Market Activity in Lowell
||Week ending Nov 3
||Week ending Nov 10
|Avg. Listing Price
Find Out What How Much Your Lowell, MA House is Worth in Today’s Market…
256-R Market St. Lowell, MA
Lowell Condo Tour 11/10 12:00 (Noon) Sharp
Lowell, MA -Multi Unit Tour Premier Condo’s open for inspection 3 to Choose from 1 and 2 bedrooms starting at $150,000