Your kitchen wish might be long, but make sure you’re not making these mistakes while updating your kitchen layout…
1. Make sure you’re not trying to squeeze too much into the space you have. Installing an island? Make sure it’s surrounded by at least three feet of space on all sides.
2. Don’t go overboard with open shelving. It can look amazing, especially to show off a stunning collection of cookware, but give it some serious thought. Open shelves for items you use often, such as plates and coffee cups are a good idea.
3. Major kitchen remodels recoup less than 70% of their value upon sale. Unless you’re planning on staying in your home for a long time don’t waste your money on an appliance splurge.
4. There’s a little worse—at least in terms of a kitchen remodel—than a gorgeous workspace with no place to dis-card your garbage. Don’t forget about the garbage!
5. Cooking dinner for a family of four can release more than a pint of water into the air — and if you’re using a gas range that number doubles. Improperly vented, that liquid seeps into your walls and ceiling where it can cause problems with mold and mildew.
Find Out What Your Lowell Home is Worth
Visit: http://www.lowellhousevalues.com for a Free Report